By now you should have received a few class DoJo messages from the Infant school on our behalf, reference in these DoJo alerts related to:
- Uniform ordering in preparation for September (please do not leave it too late if ordering from Tots to Teams) https://www.consett-jun.durham.sch.uk/parents/our-school-uniform/
- Early access to our school app https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=Uv_fRWSDc02_Oo-YvfENhzGYEp0zDERAnxWCoX5eIjVUOTRCNEdPVzdZTkhHNkhYWUVQNUFHWExCNC4u
We are now in a position to share with you our plans for transition. We have uploaded a letter to this post, please read and make a note of the dates.
We are also hoping that paper welcome packs will be ready and distributed to you (via the infant school) no later than Monday 16th May. We have requested that the completed forms are returned to us no later than Thursday 30th June. You can bring these with you on the transition days or drop them off to the Junior school anytime before then, we would be happy for you to drop by and say a quick ‘hello’. Please do not return them to the Infant school, this is a busy time of year for them also so we are trying not to over-burden them.
There is lots of information in the welcome pack, and there will also be opportunity for you to ask further questions at the transition events. It is also worth having a look at videos on our CJS YouTube page, this will give you a feel for our school and the children will enjoy them too!
If you are planning summer holidays please note that our school new term start date is Tuesday 6th September.
School Operations Manager
To help parents/carers here are the answers to some questions received after reading the attached letter. I will add questions as they are asked.
- Can I order uniform to Consett Junior School? You can order uniform to this school, we will just take it to the Infant school or let you know it has arrived and you can collect, either way is fine. Please do not order for delivery in July, it is unlikely to arrive in time.
- My child usually attends after school childcare, what will happen on transition day? One of our Year 3 teachers will walk these children back to Consett Infant School.
- How long are the ‘drop in’ sessions? Parents/carers can come and go in these sessions to suit them. If parents/carers want to stay to the end then the morning session finishes at 11.00 a.m. and the afternoon session finishes at 3.00/15 p.m. as we need the hall for a club.