We have a vacancy for an Apprentice Teaching Assistant – THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED.
Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprentice
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant Apprentices to join our team.
Hours: 37 hours
Contract: The post is a Fixed Term position for 18 months. The First 12 months is at the National Apprentice wage of £4.81, the wage rises to the National Minimum wage after 12 months.
You will undertake the Level 3 Teaching Assistant Standard with Derwentside College.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
At Consett Junior School we provide a welcoming, supportive environment for all our pupils and staff.
We work hard to build strong relationships with pupils, their guardians, visitors and the wider community of professionals.
To this end we aim to:
* provide the highest standards of teaching and learning
* have high expectations of pupils’ work and behaviour and to develop self-motivation through praise and encouragement
* develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle for every pupil
* maximise all available opportunities for inclusion within the local community
* treat everyone with the dignity and respect they deserve
* ensure all involved with the school feel that they have a voice and a view that is valued
* provide working surroundings of a high standard for pupils and staff which create a happy and safe environment
You will help them learn, monitor work and help raise their self-esteem. You will need to be very resilient and dedicated to the wellbeing of our young people.
Duties may involve supporting an individual or a group of pupils with a particular assignment, or providing invaluable general support to the teacher in the classroom, which makes the work very rewarding.
As part of the apprenticeship, you will complete a level 3 qualification with the equivalent of one day per week on day release.
You will have good numeracy and literacy skills and be comfortable working with children. You must be reliable and punctual, friendly and polite, be proactive with the ability to show initiative and have the desire to develop in the role. You will also need to be able to form effective relationships with staff.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced criminal records check is required for this post.
The Job specifications are attached for this post.
If you are interested please complete the attached application form.
Closing Date: Thursday 10th November 2022