Vision, Values and Moral Purpose
- Consett Junior School is a friendly and caring place. We aim to support our children and their families to achieve their full potential; allowing our children to grow and develop their talents in a supportive environment within the school and in the community in which we live.
- Our Staff are passionate about their work, placing children at the centre of all we do. We aim to deliver a range of exciting opportunities both in and out of the curriculum. Children can play in the school band, perform in a whole school show or represent the school on the sports field the opportunity is open to all.
- We believe at Consett Junior school in giving each and every child the best possible start in life.
At Consett Junior School our Values mean:
Fun: Recognising that our learning experiences should be fun, engaging and educational. That by adding additional challenge, children can grow and achieve.
Adventure: Allow opportunities to try new things, to innovate and develop new ways forward. Life begins at the end of our comfort zone.
Integrity: Having high expectations in all that we do, rewarding those who work hard – but allow for us all to make mistakes and moving on from this.
Humility: Laying the foundations together that will guide us throughout life, recognising and supporting those in need and supporting those who need our help.
Family: We work in partnerships with children, staff and families together, to allow our children to grow and achieve. Remembering that by developing positive relationship with all, we can achieve almost anything.
Our Moral Purpose
In an attempt to be our very best, we use these opportunities to learn and help others learn. We don’t have all the answers, but we do have a few steps in the right direction and know that being a great school is only possible in cooperation with others.
Together, we strive to:
- To provide a happy, safe and caring environment for the children to learn and achieve their full potential.
- To enrich the children’s love of learning through a variety of opportunities within the school and the wider community.
- Provide appropriate challenge and support ensuring we always have high expectations for all.
- Ensuring all our families are supported, so that the children we care for have the best start in life