Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are getting married. We are a little too busy to attend their special event, so instead we will celebrate for them the day before.
On Friday 18th May we would like our children to make an earlier celebration by wearing their best ‘Royal Outfits’ to school. We will decorate the hall with bunting and flags and our menu will be themed around a Royal Banquet, enjoyed whilst listening to a mixture of music. If your child would like a school meal on this day. Please return the form before Friday 4th May.
Crisp Baked Fish
British Flagged Pizza and Potato Stacks
Royal Jackets with an array of scrumptious fillings with green or orange royal boules
Celebratory Crunch Biscotti’s with Summer Fruit or Fromage Frais
The special couple have requested that any wedding presents be a donation to one of their seven chosen charities, therefore please send £1 to school on the day, and as a whole school we will choose from one of the seven charities below.
- CHIVA (Children’s HIV Association): The small charity supports more than 1,000 young people living with HIV in the UK and Ireland.
- Crisis: The national homeless body works with thousands of people a year to help rebuild their lives.
- The Myna Mahila Foundation: The organisation, based in Mumbai, helps empower women through offering stable employment and breaking cultural taboos around menstrual hygiene. Myna Mahila also teaches women life skills such as maths, English and self defence.
- Scotty’s Little Soldiers: The charity supports children who have lost a parent while serving in the British Armed Forces.
- StreetGames: The organisation uses sport to help young people and communities become healthier and safer.
- Surfers Against Sewage: The national marine conservation body works to protect oceans, beaches, waves and wildlife.
- The Wilderness Foundation UK: Vulnerable teenagers from urban communities are taught about the great outdoors and rural employment opportunities.